A dirtgirlworld eco-Carnivale
Congratulations to all the schools and kindys who registered their event for dirtgirl's 2013 world environment day eco-carnivale!
Lots of companies have donated awesome prizes for dirtgirl to give away as part of her eco carnivale on World Environment Day. This year Alstonville Public School is our lucky winner. They will take home a major prize pack including ...
5 Vegie starter packs from Dickers Garden
20 assorted herbs of your choice OR
a worm farm starter pack including live worms
Garden Party Boxes from Eco Party Box
- 16 x small white plates (180mm) made from sugar cane fibre
- 16 x white bowls (354ml/12oz) made from sugar cane fibre
- 3 large white platters
- and lots lots more
100 organic cotton face wipes from Natures Child
2 recycled stationary packs from Going Green Solutions including,
1 x 100% post consumer recycled paper ream
1 x cornstarch letter opener
1 x eco-stapler
A raised garden bed from Vegepod
an ecostore healthy bucket from ecostore
12 wooden tool sets from twigz
Little kids doing little things to make a little difference.
Switch off and celebrate world environment day
with a kid powered fun filled eco carniavle at your place!
Latest Carnivale listings
Address : 1245 Casstra Road Suburb : Sprent
We have made a food foreset/outdoor area and we are going to clebrate the new space by having a lunch time jam session with the students and teachers.
The day will be a rubish free lunch day and the students will be able to personalize their new calico canteen bags with natural dyes and leaves. Hot drinks will be served in reusable cups and we will have popcorn and local fruit.There is also lots of planting in the garden beds that will continue.
Address : Chickaba Drive Suburb : East Ballina
The school community is being encouraged to do some or all of the following:
· Ride or walk to school;
· Bring food with no throw away packaging (be creative). Use the worm farms and compost bins located around the school for organic scraps (found at the science, admin, Distance Ed & Food Tech blocks);
· Turn off lights (unless really required)…. especially if not in the room;
· Avoid using air –conditioners or heating;
· Have a paper free day – so no photocopied worksheets ALL DAY!
· Teach a lesson that has an environmental theme
Those people that get involved in the day will be able to pick up a raffle ticket for the day and be eligible for the World Enviornment Day Raffle.