A dirtgirlworld eco-Carnivale
Congratulations to all the schools and kindys who registered their event for dirtgirl's 2013 world environment day eco-carnivale!
It's still World Environment Day somewhere in the world, so keep on celebrating!
dirtgirl was in Lismore on World Environment Day, opening up the Lismore City Council waste education centre.
We'd love to see what you got up to too at your eco-carnivale -
If you have an iPhone you can you can download the happy snapper
from iTunes or click on the image below
and add dirtgirl or scrapboy to your pictures. Amazing!
The winner of the eco prize pack will be announced next week - stay tuned to the website for info, updates and announcements.
Little kids doing little things to make a little difference.
Switch off and celebrate world environment day
with a kid powered fun filled eco carniavle at your place!
Latest Carnivale listings
Address : 1245 Casstra Road Suburb : Sprent
We have made a food foreset/outdoor area and we are going to clebrate the new space by having a lunch time jam session with the students and teachers.
The day will be a rubish free lunch day and the students will be able to personalize their new calico canteen bags with natural dyes and leaves. Hot drinks will be served in reusable cups and we will have popcorn and local fruit.There is also lots of planting in the garden beds that will continue.
Address : Chickaba Drive Suburb : East Ballina
The school community is being encouraged to do some or all of the following:
· Ride or walk to school;
· Bring food with no throw away packaging (be creative). Use the worm farms and compost bins located around the school for organic scraps (found at the science, admin, Distance Ed & Food Tech blocks);
· Turn off lights (unless really required)…. especially if not in the room;
· Avoid using air –conditioners or heating;
· Have a paper free day – so no photocopied worksheets ALL DAY!
· Teach a lesson that has an environmental theme
Those people that get involved in the day will be able to pick up a raffle ticket for the day and be eligible for the World Enviornment Day Raffle.